Job DescriptionCompany We are a Development House that based in Sharah-e-Faisal Karachi. We are fiercely passionate about creativity and constantly dare to challenge the norm and reshape conventional brand thinking. We believe great achievements don’t happen by accident. They are hard-earned, well-deserved and impossible without the support of a team. Role Summary The Full-stack developer is a key part of our development team. The role is responsible for developing a range of technical solutions across digital products as well as ‘lighter’ applications such as public facing websites and mobile/tablet apps. Responsibilities will range from, but are not limited to: using and extending our core modules and libraries; liaising with product owners, project managers, QAs, Designers and UX designers to understand business logic for new features and improvements. Key responsibilities
- Extending module architecture.
- Implementation of new function-heavy features.
- Emergency debugging across any project, when needed.
- Using initiatives to identify, prioritise and resolve critical NewRelic issues ASAP without guidance.
- BDD and unit test writing and code reviewing.
- Managing certain areas of our projects or entire project and being the go-to developer for all work relating to them.
- Working with front-end developers to implement pixel-perfect designs.
- Develop code across the stack for new features and products.
- Be part of the team’s agile working practices to ensure scalability and deliver high quality code (Planning, Standups, Demos, Retros, Code Reviews, TDD)
- Develop interfaces that are easy to use, intuitive and performant.
- Follow the technical standards and shared team commitments.
- Assisting the scoping of new features and creating time estimates.
- Assisting front-end developers with back-end, architecture or infrastructure work where necessary.
- Suggesting core technology changes, when necessary, to ensure our products remain cutting edge.
- Understanding branding, design and UX principles.
- Ensuring technical feasibility of designs.
- Good knowledge of industry best practices, agile, scrum and Kanban.
- Ability to pickup new technology quickly.
- Be aware of common server infrastructure and architecture tasks and be able to assist the team in these areas.
- Accept responsibility and provide holiday-cover when necessary.
- Designing and developing new software products and components.
- Take an active role in evolving our web architecture.
- Assist with product documentation.
- Act as a technical representative on phone calls in order to establish project specifications and understand requirements.
- Recognise opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Expert in AngularJS, HTML 5, PHP, MySQL, Laravel.
- Good knowledge of Puppet and NodeJS.
- Knowledge in Redis, ReactJS.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, communication and interpersonal skills both with internal customers and colleagues in your team.
- Self motivated and able to work with minimum supervision and have a positive attitude to teamwork and collaboration.
- Desire to learn and further all skills within architecture and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the entire development life cycle, including requirement scoping, design, QA and post-live.
- Able to comfortably estimate timeframes to complete new features or projects.
- Ability to understand core business needs and translate these into working, scalable solutions that use cutting edge technology.
- Able to work across a range of disciplines and have the ability to quickly find solutions to problems and resolve them.
- 4+ years experience as a full-stack developer.
- Hands on in a multi discipline team working in rapid iterations, with a user-focused mindset.
- Test Driven Development experience.
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Full Stack Developer (4+ years)
Industry: Information Technology
Functional Area: Software & Web Development
Total Positions: 1 Post
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent
Job Shift: First Shift (Day)
Job Location: P.E.C.H.S, Karachi, Pakistan
Gender: No Preference Minimum Education: Bachelors
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Minimum Experience: 4 Years
Apply Before: Nov 11, 2017
Posting Date: Oct 11, 2017