We are looking for PHP Laravel Developers and the primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.
You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
- Extending module architecture.
- Implementation of new function-heavy features.
- Emergency debugging across any project, when needed.
- Using initiatives to identify, prioritise and resolve critical NewRelic issues ASAP without guidance.
- BDD and unit test writing and code reviewing.
- Managing certain areas of our projects or entire project and being the go-to developer for all work relating to them.
- Working with front-end developers to implement pixel-perfect designs.
- Develop code across the stack for new features and products.
- Be part of the team’s agile working practices to ensure scalability and deliver high quality code (Planning, Standups, Demos, Retros, Code Reviews, TDD)
- Develop interfaces that are easy to use, intuitive and performant.
- Follow the technical standards and shared team commitments.
- Assisting the scoping of new features and creating time estimates.
- Assisting front-end developers with back-end, architecture or infrastructure work where necessary.
- Suggesting core technology changes, when necessary, to ensure our products remain cutting edge.
- Understanding branding, design and UX principles.
- Ensuring technical feasibility of designs.
- Good knowledge of industry best practices, agile, scrum and Kanban.
- Ability to pickup new technology quickly.
- Be aware of common server infrastructure and architecture tasks and be able to assist the team in these areas.
- Accept responsibility and provide holiday-cover when necessary.
- Designing and developing new software products and components.
- Take an active role in evolving our web architecture.
- Assist with product documentation.
- Act as a technical representative on phone calls in order to establish project specifications and understand requirements.
- Recognise opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Strong experience of at least 3+ years working on Laravel
- Comfortable working with both procedural and object-oriented PHP code
- Good knowledge of developing Web services, REST API's
- Excellent problem-solving skills, communication and interpersonal skills both with internal customers and colleagues in your team.
- Self motivated and able to work with minimum supervision and have a positive attitude to teamwork and collaboration.
- Desire to learn and further all skills within architecture and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the entire development life cycle, including requirement scoping, design, QA and post-live.
- Able to comfortably estimate timeframes to complete new features or projects.
- Ability to understand core business needs and translate these into working, scalable solutions that use cutting edge technology.
- Able to work across a range of disciplines and have the ability to quickly find solutions to problems and resolve them.
- 4+ years experience as a full-stack developer.
- Hands on in a multi discipline team working in rapid iterations, with a user-focused mindset.
- Test Driven Development experience.
If you think you suit the role, then apply online or forward your CV’s to: email@example.com